Recipe by sweetdelicates
traditional portuguese sweet that I love and miss. Easy to make and also easy to eat.
- 2 egg yolks
- 9 tablespoons sugar
- 5 ounces butter (or 1 stick and 2 blocks)
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa
- 7 ounces of maria cookies
- wax paper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 2 tbs. of sugar with the 2 egg yolks until you get a creamy mix.
- Melt the butter on the stove or in the microwave, and then add it to the egg and sugar mix.
- Mix together the rest of the sugar and the cocoa and then add to the mixture.
- Mix well until everything blends in a creamy mix.
- Add the cookies, broken into small pieces.
- Combine so the chocolate cream blends well with the cookies.
- Pour the mixture on the wax paper.
- Roll the wax paper close so it takes the form of salami.
- Place in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Unwrap and serve in slices.