Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pronounced PWAH-son with the 'n' being very soft, this tuna salad sounds divine. Having become a huge lover of true sushi and sashimi, tuna is one of my favourites so I'm excited to have found this method of preparing the tuna. I've included it for safe keeping and for ZWT #7. Servings and prep time are estimates.
- 500 g raw tuna
- 120 ml fresh lime juice
- 80 ml coconut milk (canned, bottled, or fresh, try Fresh Coconut Milk)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 120 ml carrots, shredded
- 120 ml cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 small vine-ripened tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 green onions, trimmed and sliced
- 30 ml fresh chives or 30 ml parsley, minced
- 10 ml lime zest, grated (thin green outer layer of lime peel)
- Cut the tuna into ½-inch thick strips about 2 inches long.
- In a large bowl (preferably glass or stainless steal) combine the lime juice, coconut milk, and salt; stir to mix.
- Add the tuna, carrot, cucumber, tomato, green onions, chives, and lime zest. Stir to mix.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Serve immediately.