Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is another Nicoise recipe. We love the combo of flavors and it is very filling.
Make and share this Salade Nicoise With Vinaigrette Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 potatoes, cooked, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tomatoes, quartered
- 3 cups green beans, lightly steamed
- 1 (7 ounce) tuna
- 1⁄2 cup olive
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced into rounds
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 head boston bibb lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chives, chopped
- 2 ounces anchovies
- Mix dressing together by mixing all ingredients in jar.
- Shake again, just before serving.
- Mix potatoes and mayonnaise to coat thoroughly.
- Toss tomatoes lightly in a small amount of vinaigrette.
- In a separate bowl, toss green beans in a small amount of vinaigrette, let marinate while preparing the rest of the salad.
- When ready to serve, toss lettuce lightly in a small amount of vinaigrette until leaves are barely coated.
- Place around the edge and bottom on the bowl, using all the leaves.
- Place tuna in the center of the bowl.
- Arrange tomatoes, green beans, potatoes around the outside in an interesting pattern.
- Decorate with olives, onion slices, green pepper rounds, celery and eggs.
- Garnish with herbs and anchovies.
- Serve immediately with additional vinaigrette dressing.