Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is just one of many "traditional" variations. This is normally an arranged salad rather than one that is tossed. From "Saveur" magazine.
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 8 radishes, sliced thin
- 3 (4 ounce) cans tuna, oil packed and drained
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and quartered
- 8 anchovies
- 4 chives, chopped
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup nicoise olive
- extra virgin olive oil
- You will want to artistically arrange the ingredients on each of four serving plates; start on the outside of each dish and work your way in, in the order listed - tomato slices, bell pepper, radish slices, tuna (large flakes), and eggs.
- Garnish with anchovies and sprinkle with chives; season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter olives on each plate, then drizzle with olive oil and serve.