Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Buy good quality olives. If desired use less olives. From Vegetarian Times back in 2001. Vegan without the egg garnish.
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 -2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup black olives or 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives
- fresh ground pepper
- 5 small new potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups string beans, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb fried tempeh
- 2 cups wax beans, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- red leaf radicchio or boston lettuce
- 1 cup canned white beans, drained rinsed
- 2 -3 quartered hard-boiled eggs, omit Vegan
- cherry tomatoes
- sliced avocado
- Combine all the ingredients down to Fresh ground pepper [including it] in a serving dish. Let marinate.
- Bring pot of water to boil. Add the new potoates and simmer for about five minutes then add the beans. Simmer five more. Potatoes should be tender. Drain well and set aside.
- An hour before combine the potato mix with the marinated mix. Add vinegar if desired or more oil if needed. Then toss well. Serve on the lettuce.
- Garnish with the tempeh slices and add other optional ingredients as desired or allowed by diet.