Recipe by **Tinkerbell**
A delicious tuna salad from the South of France. It's highlights are fresh local ingredients, such as tomatoes, anchovies and black olives. Great served with fresh french bread on the side or as a filling for a crusty baguette. This is a fine basic recipe but feel free to spice it up with some fresh herbs as well.
Top Review by magpie diner
I remember this salad from time spent in Europe. I put all the ingredients together for this for a potluck - put together at the actual event, which worked out fine. Trouble is I forgot the potato - I'll just have to make it again tomorrow since they're already cooked and ready to go! In any case, this is a lovely looking salad, very tasty. I don't care for whole anchovies, so I used a paste (type in tubes), and added it to the dressing, along with a little extra vinegar - worked out really well. It was an impressive dish on the table. Will make again and call it dinner! Made for ZWT5 Cooks with Dirty Faces Team
- 1 lb new potato
- 2 eggs, hard cooked
- 4 ounces French style green beans
- 6 tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 ounces anchovies, drained and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 head lettuce, leaves washed and patted dry
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons white wine vinegar (plain white or apple cider vinegars can be used)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon French mustard
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 14 ounces tuna fish, drained
- 2 ounces pitted black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub the potatoes and cook them in a pot of boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool.
- Trim the ends off the beans. Cook them in boiling water for 5 minutes then rinse with cold water.
- Slice the potatoes.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on the bottom of a large salad bowl.
- Put the potatoes on top of the lettuce.
- Sprinkle the tuna on top of the potatoes & lettuce.
- Sprinkle on the beans, tomatoes and anchovies.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid: Put olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt & pepper. Shake well to combine.
- Drizzle over salad.
- Slice the hard-cooked eggs into quarters & arrange them and the olives on top of the salad.
- Serve & enjoy!