1/1 Photo of Salade Gruyère De Comtè Pour Deux
Whether the following recipe is traditional French or more "French-inspired", that I do not know. "What is Salade Gruyère de Comtè, Alex?" Is that the correct answer? Please use quality ingredients in this salad recipe. Don't try to sneak in Velveeta, my friend. I have eyes on the back of my head. ;) From a local source. Info for Gruyère de Comtè from igourmet.com: Made from a centuries-old recipe, 70-pound wheels of Gruyere de Comté (Comté, for short) have been produced since the reign of Charlemagne, when there were no separate entities named France and Switzerland. Although Swiss Gruyere may be better known, the French variety is no less special. Created by local villagers in alpine dairies called "Fruiteries", its milk comes only from Montbeliarde and Tachete de L'est cows. Contributing to Comté's unique flavor, morning and evening milkings are mingled before the cheesemaking process. For transforming the milk into curds, the cheesemaker must only use natural ferments to receive the Comte seal. The wheels are aged for six months, resulting in a sweet and nutty masterpiece with less bite than its twin from Switzerland. Comté has a satiny, ivory-colored body and a scattering of holes the size of a hazlenut. A traditional fondue cheese, Comte can also be shredded, sliced, grated, chunked or melted.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together in a non-reactive bowl. Adjust seasoning if necessary. (You want a bright and slightly salty vinaigrette.).
- 2Marinate the carrots, eggs, shallot, green beans and Comtè cheese 15-20 minutes in the vinaigrette.
- 3Arrange the mesclun on two salad plates.
- 4Next, arrange the marinated vegetables on the greens.
- 5Drizzle remaining vinaigrette on top.
- 6Serve with crusty French bread.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salade Gruyère De Comtè Pour Deux
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 830.7
- Calories from Fat 619
- Total Fat 68.8 g
- Saturated Fat 26.8 g
- Cholesterol 312.2 mg
- Sodium 1628.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 42.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: