Recipe by Trinkets
I found this delicious, fresh recipe in Relishmag.com. This is a great summertime side dish! Instead of fresh basil you could also use parsley, oregano, or thyme.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, except salad greens and cheese, in a jar.
- Shake to blend.
- Place salad greens in a large bowl.
- Pour half the dressing over greens, toss.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and toss again.
- Add more dressing as needed and toss.
- Store remaining dressing in refrigerator.