Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Brazilian potato salad with shrimp and apple. Shrimp can be optional.
Make and share this Salada De Batata Com Camarão, Maçã E Molho recipe from Food.com.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives
- 1 apple granny smith apple, chopped
- 300 g medium shrimp, deveined and peeled
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 8 lettuce leaves, to decorate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Splenda granular
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 tablespoons table cream (or 2 table spoons of milk and 2 table spoons of cream cheese)
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- Dressing rosé: place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix it with a fork. Save in the refrigerator.
- Boil the potatoes in a least 1.5 liter water pan, add 1 tea spoon of salt. Cover and let it cook for 20 minutes or until potato is soft but still firm and able to hold a shape. remove from heat and drain it. Rinse potatoes with cold water and reserve.
- Heat oil in a frying-pan, add shrimp sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until golden. Add salt and pepper and reserve.
- In a bowl, place the potatoes, shrimp, chive, apple, salt pepper, mix it carefully and transfers to a serving dish. Drizzle Rose Dressing over it.
- Note: If you prefer, decorate by placing green leaves on the serving dish and then pour mix over it, and top it with shrimp and pricked green chive.