Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Thanksgiving leftover recipe! Uses up dinner rolls, turkey or ham, and whole-berry cranberry sauce.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 4 medium dinner rolls, cut into 2 inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) package spring greens, mix
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups chopped turkey or 2 cups ham
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Stir together the butter and Italian seasoning in a bowl. Add the bread cubes; toss to coat. Bake cubes in a single layer in a jelly-roll pan for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden, stirring once. Cool completely on a wire rack. (about 5 minutes).
- Combine the spring greens, romaine, turkey or ham, and cucumber. Add the toasted bread cubes.
- Process the vinegar and next 6 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Serve over the salad.
Holy croutons! The croutons were fabulous. I halved the recipe and kind of wish I would have made the full batch. They are crispy and full of flavor. I cooked mine about twice as long as stated because I like crispiness. The salad was a great way to use up my leftover turkey and cranberries. I loved the dressing, too. Thank you!