Chef Pamela Jean's Note:
I learned to make this salad thirty years ago from my mother-in-law, who was born and raised in Paris. This is the best salad/dressing I've ever tasted and is always requested by friends and family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse and spin-dry lettuce, set aside.
- 2In large bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Add lettuce on top and place in refrigerator.
- 3Toss well before serving and top with croutons and/or cheese sprinkles, if desired.
- 4A few tips: You may want to add more or less salt, depending on how much lettuce you are using.
- 5You can also use 1/4 chopped onion in place of the shallots - shallots have a milder, sweeter taste that truly compliments the dressing but vidalia or purple onion would be a good substitute.
- 6You can also add radishes, chopped kale, and raw spinach greens to the lettuce before tossing.
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salad With Tarragon Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 147.8
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 608.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: