Very tasty salad that comes across as "fancy". Easy enough for everyday but good enough to impress company. Men really like this one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 cup French bread cubes
- 1 head curly endive lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1Fry bacon in heavy, medium skillet over medium high heat until crisp.
- 2Remove using slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 3Pour off all but 1 tbs fat from skillet.
- 4Add oil and garlic and cook over medium high heat until garlic starts to color.
- 5Remove and reserve garlic.
- 6Add bread cubes to skillet and fry on all sides until golden brown.
- 7Remove, using slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 8Rub croutons on all sides with reserved garlic.
- 9For vinegrette, blend lemon juice, vinegar, tarragon, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- 10Whisk in oils in a thin stream.
- 11Toss endive with the vinegrette in a large bowl.
- 12Add bacon, croutons and cheese and mix gently.
- 13Srpinkle with chervil.
- 14Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salad With Roquefort/Tarragon Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.9
- Calories from Fat 414
- Total Fat 46.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 24.9 mg
- Sodium 755.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar