Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Farm Fresh to You newsletter. These peppers can be made up to 1 day ahead, covered & chilled.
- 1 lb bell pepper (mixed, halved lengthwise, seeded)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 8 ounces feta cheese (6 oz diced & 2 oz crumbled)
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 head red leaf lettuce (washed & chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- kalamata olive (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F; place all peppers, cut side down, on large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 T oil; roast until peppers are tender & brown in spots (about 20 min). Remove from oven & cool 15 min on baking sheet; peel peppers. Cut each half lengthwise into 4 strips; season to taste with salt & pepper. Place in a small bowl.
- Place 6 oz diced feta, 6 T water & 1 T oil in processor; puree until smooth (about 1 min). Add garlic & blend 2 seconds; set dressing aside.
- Place lettuce in large bowl; toss with remaining 2 T oil, then vinegar. Season to taste with salt & pepper; arrange greens on large platter & top with peppers. Drizzle feta dressing over & sprinkle with 2 oz crumbled feta; garnish with olives if desired.