Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the African Cookbook, by Bea Sandler. Posted for ZWT4.
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin slivers
- 1 cup cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cut into thin coins
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Toss salad ingredients together in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad, tossing lightly again.
- Serve in small bowls sprinkled with mashed garlic and Parmesan cheese.
A lovely fresh, crisp salad & so easy to make. I didn't really measure the dressing ingredients, just eyeballed it but added my garlic to the dressing rather than on top. The parmesan is a lovely addition and this keeps well and tastes better once the flavours have had time to develop. Made for ZWT 4.
Great summer salad and so easy to make! Really enjoyed the flavor combination! Made for ZWT4.
A nice refreshing salad with a bit of a kick. Very quick and easy to prepare. Just right for a summer salad side dish! Made for ZWT4.