Recipe by Sue Lau
From the African Cookbook, by Bea Sandler. Posted for ZWT4.
Top Review by **Mandy**
A lovely fresh, crisp salad & so easy to make. I didn't really measure the dressing ingredients, just eyeballed it but added my garlic to the dressing rather than on top. The parmesan is a lovely addition and this keeps well and tastes better once the flavours have had time to develop. Made for ZWT 4.
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin slivers
- 1 cup cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cut into thin coins
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese