Recipe by Carol Bullock
I actually came across a version of this recipe in a vegan cookbook. It's one of those recipes that shocks you how good it is.
Top Review by Gina Wilkerson
This is really good, but the look is a bit strange. When I made it the balls looked like uncooked meatballs, which is unappetizing. Next time i will lighten up on the t.paste. The flavor and texture is great!
- 1⁄2 cup mixed nuts (I usually combine equal portions almonds and cashews)
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 green onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- mixed salad green
Directions See How It's Made
- First, grind the nuts.
- In a bowl mix the nuts and breadcrumbs, and add the oil and tomato paste.
- Mince the onion and parsley and add them to the bowl.
- Mix well, then knead with your hands, and form into walnut-sized balls.
- Refrigerate, then serve on top of a mixed salad.