Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy and eye appealing salad. A great starter for a great meal.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- 2 heads radicchio
- 3 oranges, peeled and sectioned without any membrane
- Bring water, honey and vinegar to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Arrange butter and radicchio lettuce on six plates.
- Divide orange sections among salad plates.
- Drizzle each salad with the cooled dressing and serve.
Very good, and the dressing is outstanding. I had lots of other greens at home, so I didn't use the recommended ones. I would add finely sliced red onion to this the next time, to give it more depth, as the only thing I didn't like was that it was lacking in complexity, but overall a very good recipe.