Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh summer fair, lite and healthy with a little lemon and oil.
- 1⁄2 cup lima beans, cooked
- 1 apple, cored and cubed (do not peel)
- 1 cup lettuce, torn
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, cubed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, cubed
- 1 tomatoes, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 2 black plums, quartered for garnish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar (I use splenda)
- Place the first 8 ingredients in a large bowl, mix carefully to combine.
- In a small bowl add the olive oil,lemon juice and splenda. Whisk to combine.
- Place the egg slices on top of the salad in a nice design and add the plum quarters around one edge of the bowl. Sprinkle with salt and grind (course grind) pepper over.
- Drizzle the lemon/oil mix over all.
Just the salad I needed right now,as it is sooo hot .Very different combination,I really enjoyed it.I do not think I have ever put lima beans in a salad. Thanks Derf.Rose of Sharon
How great is this! Lima beans, apples, lettuce and hard boiled eggs is a wonderful combination that we will use often! A wonderful refreshing salad that just begs you to enjoy the freshness of summer. Loved the green onions and cucumbers too. The dressing was just as healthy and just the right amount of tartness. Thanks so much Derf! Will use this a lot this summer!