Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
I created this salad out of ingredients I had on hand. It turned out to be a winner. I hope you enjoy it too. Ingredient amounts can be increased or decreased to your liking. This salad can also be topped with a raspberry vinaigrette, if you prefer something sweeter. Prep & Cooking time is time to make the dressing and salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups mixed spring greens, torn if necessary
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 granny smith apple, with peels cored, sliced thin, cut into thirds
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/8 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin, if too strong slice and soak in a bowl of ice water for 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1Make the vinaigrette by combining all the ingredients in a well sealed container and shake well to combine. Adjust seasonings. *I use 2 T Dijon because I like the flavor. You can start with 1 T and add more after a taste test.
- 2This salad can be plated or made in a large serving bowl.
- 3Prepare the lettuce leaves. I like to make sure they are not too big to eat gracefully, so I cut or tear them.
- 4Prepare granny smith apple. Core and slice thin, then cut each slice into 3rds.
- 5Slice red onion very thin and cut each slice into 3rds. If the onion is too strong, prepare a ice water bath and soak the slices for 5 minutes, drain well.
- 6Combine salad ingredients in a serving bowl or arrange on individual plates: Place lettuces arranging the apple slices, onions, dried cherries almonds, and top with the crumbled blue cheese.
- 7Drizzle with Vinaigrette.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salad W. Dried Cherries, Granny Apples, Blue Cheese, Dijon
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.6
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 425.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: