Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Semi Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee, this is so good!The original salad calls for radicchio, but use any lettuce you like!
- 3 small head lettuce (iceberg, butter, radicchio,etc.)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
For Goat Cheese
- 5 ounces plain goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 small head radicchio
- In medium bowl, whisk the vinegar, mustard, honey and oil. Add olives, salt, pepper and the dried oregano. Combine thoroughly and refrigerate until chilled (about 1 hour).
- Goat cheese:
- Slice goat cheese and roll into 1" balls. Combine almonds(I chop mine fine in the food processor) and paprika in a shallow bowl. Roll the balls in paprika almond mix until completely covered all over.
- Rinse the lettuce and cut into narrow slices. Put sliced lettuces into a large bowl and slowly add vinaigrette dressing, coating the salad entirely. Top with goat cheese balls as you would with croutons.
This salad was fantastic...I'm addicted to the vinaigrette. I made this as written but used 2 heads of Romaine sliced (hacked) into 1-inch slices, placed in a bowl, dressing added and tossed lightly before adding the cheese balls. Oh, and for the goat cheese balls, I used a 'baker's blend' of nuts that I buy in bulk at my local Home Economist. It contains about 5 different nuts and I chopped them fine, then rolled the cheese in them. This is such an interesting blend of flavors between the vinaigrette with the black olives, the cheese and the nuts. Thanks for posting this recipe Sharon, it's a keeper :)