Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I do not remember where this recipe came from, but wanted to share it with you. I have not tried this, but it sounds good and easy. If you try it, I hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Mix all ingredients and spread on a baking sheet, at least 15.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool in pan.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- It will keep about 3 months.
- Use with salads, soups or casseroles.
What a great idea! This was a really delicious and healthful crunchy topping to our salads the last few days. I did make a change in using olive oil for the butter. Bobtail, you have a winner here.