Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
FRESH is a sml chain of Canadian-owned & operated restaurants, which originally began as a juice bar 20 yrs ago. Everything on their menu is vegan, altho they offer some vegetarian dishes at their takeout counter. 1 of their MOST requested recipes is their Tangled Thai Salad (recipe entered by me) & FRESH uses this “Salad Topper” w/the Tangled Thai Salad. Per the recipe intro: “This crunchy mix adds great flavor & texture to any salad. If you want to use it as a topper for fruit salad, yogurt or oatmeal - Leave the salt out & replace it with sugar. If you can’t find puffed quinoa at your local health food store, you can sub puffed millet. This recipe makes 1 3/4 cups & the mixture keeps for months in an airtight container.” Altho used w/the Tangled Thai Salad, the intro suggested a wider variety of uses & I saw it as an optional add to the Tangled Thai Salad. SO I decided to enter it as a separate recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 cup puffed quinoa or 1 cup puffed millet
- 1⁄4 cup goji berry
- 1⁄4 cup currants
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- Put all of the ingredients in a bowl, mix well & store in an airtight container.
- To Serve: Sprinkle 2 tbsp of mixture atop the Tangled Thai Salad or other salad of choice.
A nice mix of flavors and textures! Used to top your Tangled salad. I adjusted it to my tastes. Thanks twissis! Made for ZWT 2013 by one of the Hot Stuff.