Recipe by pesce_gurl
This kind of reminds me of a Greek salad, which I absolutely love but it has the Tabasco dressing gives it an extra little punch. It's from the Favorite Brand Names Cookbook.
Top Review by Veg by Marriage
I agree with Divaconvivia: I would suggest significantly reducing the cheese. I used about 6 oz. of feta, and still felt the cheese was overpowering the flavor, and I didn't really taste what I thought was going to be an interesting mix of flavors in the dressing. The pine nuts (which I toasted) add an essential crunch.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces spinach egg noodles, cooked, drained
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pine nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, Tabasco sauce, anise seed and salt; mix well.
- Add noodles, cheese, tomatoes, olives, parsley and pine nuts. Toss to coat evenly.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve with additional Tabasco sauce if desired.