This kind of reminds me of a Greek salad, which I absolutely love but it has the Tabasco dressing gives it an extra little punch. It's from the Favorite Brand Names Cookbook.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil or 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces spinach egg noodles, cooked, drained
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pine nuts (optional)
- In large bowl combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, Tabasco sauce, anise seed and salt; mix well.
- Add noodles, cheese, tomatoes, olives, parsley and pine nuts. Toss to coat evenly.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve with additional Tabasco sauce if desired.