Recipe by dividend
This salad is inspired by the salad I always order at my favorite bar and grill. They use a mustardy vinaigrette that is also delicious.
- 473.18 ml salad greens
- 14.79 ml butter
- 113.39 g small mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 85.04 g beef strip steaks
- 28.34 g blue cheese, crumbled
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinaigrette (use Basic Vinaigrette, made with balsamic vinegar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the steak, using your preferred method. I like medium-rare for this salad. Let the steak rest for five minutes under a foil tent, and then slice thinly against the grain.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Once the butter begins to foam, add the onion slices and a pinch of salt, and cook until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the mushrooms with another pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms give liquid. Keep cooking until the liquid cooks away and the mushrooms start to brown.
- Arrange the mushroom mixture and steak strips on top of the salad greens. Scatter the blue cheese crumbles on top.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.