1/2 Photos of Salad Stack With Shrimps
CREATED FOR CATEGORY CRAZE-E CONTEST. A really simple, fresh and healthy starter for your dinner guests, and you probably have all the ingredients at hand! The very simple dressing ingredients are included in the list of ingredients. Cooking time given are for the 2 eggs only.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 tomatoes, ripe, large
- 1 1/4 cups shrimp, pre-cooked, small, drained (300 ml or 2 x 170 g tins)
- 2 tablespoons yoghurt, plain
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, tangy
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped spring onions
- 2 eggs, large, hard-boiled and cooled
- 1 -2 zucchini
- 4 tablespoons cheddar cheese (grated)
- black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, dried, crushed (or use fresh)
- flaked sea salt (or table salt)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard, Dijon
- 1Wash and dry tomatoes, and slice about 1/4 inch thick. Arrange 3 - 4 slices on each of 4 plates, depending on size of tomato rounds.
- 2Mix the yoghurt, mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons of the chopped spring onions in a bowl. Add the shrimps, and fold in until well mixed.
- 3Put about 2 heaped tablespoons of the shrimp mixture on the prepared tomato slices, centred, so the tomatoes still show.
- 4Peel the boiled eggs, and slice carefully (so they don't break) into thickish slices. Discard the white ends. Arrange 2 egg slices on the shrimp mixture on each plate.
- 5Sprinkle the salad with black pepper, crushed garlic (the fine dried crushed garlic is better here than fresh, which might be a little overpowering). Sea salt flakes look pretty on the plate and taste great, but use any salt you have, to taste.
- 6With a potato peeler, peel ribbons from the zucchini. Discard the outer thin bits. Roll up each ribbon -- you need about 12 -- and pinch ends, which usually makes them stay in rounds.
- 7Arrange 3 zucchini circles on each salad.
- 8Divide the grated cheese between the plates.
- 9You have 2 tablespoons chopped spring onions left over. Sprinkle over the salad.
- 10In a bowl, whisk the water, cider vinegar, olive oil, mustard (and a pinch of salt, if you want) until it emulsifies.
- 11Drizzle about a tablespoon of the vinaigrette dressing over each salad.
- 12The salads should each be a neat, not very high, "stack". Ideal before a main dish of meat. Cover and cool, but do not chill too deeply.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salad Stack With Shrimps
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.0
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 116.0 mg
- Sodium 158.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: