Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
An unbelievable blend of your favorites, mixed and topped with a delectable sauce. Kids love, as do DH's. Probably is a keeper since it is so fast, easy, and healthy.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, which ever you choose
- 1⁄3 head lettuce
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- spices, to your taste
- 1 poblano pepper, deveined deseeded and minced, YOU DO WANT SOME HEAT
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream, splash
- 8 slices bread, two slices on plate
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet. After browned, put in a serving bowl.
- Chop, dice, tomato, onion, pepper, and slice the lettuce into ribbons. Put into separate serving bowls. Grate the cheese finely and also put into a serving bowl.
- Heat tomato soup in a pot, adding the minced poblano pepper, salt and pepper to taste, half and half cream, minced garlic and your favorite spices. Simmer on low for 20 minutes. stirring often.
- Toast two slices of bread per person.
- Place 2 slices of toast, darkened and crispy toast, on each plate. Let each person put his toppings on. cheddar cheese should be last. Ladle the HOT sauce on top of each piece of toast.
- It will melt the cheese.
- This is really a simple meal and is quite faster than it looks.
- BON APPETIT.