Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Cold garden salad soup, great for a hot day and filling. Serve with French bread, Easy to prepare no cooking but a little chopping and refrigerate and your done. Looks like alot of ingredients but its really easy and tasty I have had this recipe for about 25 years, got it from a lady who made it for a pot luck at work. Its just wonderful, It is a COLD soup usually called Gazpacho
- 1 small garlic clove, diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil (I use Canola oil)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 large tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 cucumber, seeded and finely diced
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- Mix together all the first ingredients together
- after all the vegetables are diced, shredded and thinly sliced.
- add all together.
- Chill at least 1 hour. This is served cold.