Recipe by UCGav
Basically I was hungry. My dad regularly makes Salads, but there's always that little bit left over that you can do anything with--well thats how i came up with this. It's cheap, quick and although it looks a little odd it tastes great.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in brine
- 1 tomatoes
- cottage cheese
- mayonnaise (Salad Cream)
- hard-boiled egg
- 1 stalk celery
Directions See How It's Made
- And anything else you care to throw inches.
- All measurements are at your discretion.
- Ok it may not sound appetizing but you'll get the image with the finished product.
- Start off with the tuna--drain it and put it in a bowl, a little vinegar to moisten it and then add the mayonnaise--basically make tuna mayonnaise.
- After that chop up one tomato into small strips/cubes and do the same with the cheese, ham, celery and cucumber.
- Throw all that into the mix and add a generous tablespoon of coleslaw and a smaller helping of cottage cheese and mix it up thoroughly.
- With this you can literally raid your cupboards and add anything you find.
- Pork Pies, Scotch eggs-- absolutely anything can go into this mix up, its basically a way of using up all those leftovers.
- One bowl can make about 6/8 generous sandwiches or even as a side dish and as long as you use the low fat substitutes for mayonnaise and cottage cheese etc. it's pretty healthy too.