Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
This sounds like a wonderful recipe. I cannot wait to try it but I think that I would grill the chicken rather than microwave it. Just seems alot better that way.
- 2 (5 ounce) fresh boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup canned black-eyed peas, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup Italian dressing
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 6 pita pockets
- 1 head lettuce
- Place chicken breasts in microwave safe dish, cover with vented plastic wrap, and microwave on high 4 minutes Let stand 5 minutes.
- In a bowl combine mozzarella cheese, black eyed peas, green bell pepper, mushrooms, red onion and italian salad dressing.
- When chicken is cool chop then toss with the cheese mixture.
- Slice pita pockets in half and fill with lettuce and then the chicken cheese mixture.
I had made this for lunch the other day. I had grilled my chicken in a grill pan the night before with a little bit of jerk seasoning on them. Then in the morning I had mixed all the ingredients together and let it sit in the fridge till lunchtime. I had used red peppers only because I prefer them otherwise I did everything as written. I found it needed a bit more flavor though probably more italian dressing with salt and pepper. I had warmed up my pita pockets in the microwave before filling them. Makes for a filling lunch with a bowl of soup. It was enjoyed. Thanks for sharing your recipe Gingerbear. Made for the Think Pink Tag Oct'09