Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A friend from Argentina shared this recipe with me after preparing this unusual sandwich for lunch. The best way to describe it is: a jelly-roll sandwich.
- Grease/oil a baking pan or jelly roll pan; line w/ parchment paper or waxed paper and lightly oil the paper.
- Beat eggs with sugar and honey until it become frothy, approx 5 to 7 minutes using mixer.
- Sift in flour and salt; fold gently to blend.
- Bake at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes until it is GOLDEN, not BROWN.
- Using a knife, immediately lift the roll out of pan along w/ the paper.
- From the short side, roll up jelly roll-fashion; put in bag and chill in the refrigerator.
- TO MAKE SALAD ROLL:.
- Gently unroll and spread w/ mayonnaise.
- Top with thin slices of your favorite cheese(s), meats (ham, turkey, etc), chopped tomatoes, and lettuce (leaf or shredded), keeping 1/4 of the roll uncovered with fillings.
- Roll up, pressing firmly and removing paper.
- Wrap and keep in refrigerator until time to serve.
- Cut into 1-inch wide slices.