Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A new way to serve salad today is atop meat. Obtained from Parade magazine
- 1 cup diced hothouse cucumber (seedless)
- 1 cup diced seeded ripe tomatoes (1/4 inch)
- 1 cup diced fresh feta cheese (1/2 inch)
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pitted black olives
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
For the sirloin steak
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin steaks (1 1/4 inch thick)
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the cucumber, tomatoes, feta, red onion, olives, and parsley in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with olive oil and vinegar. Set aside.
- Preheat a lighly oiled grill.
- Just before grilling, season the steak well on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Grill the steak until well seared and well browned on the first side, about 4 minutes. Turn the steak and grill 3 minutes more for medium rare meat.
- Remove the steak to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes for the juices to settle. Carve into generous 1/2 inch slices and divide among 4 dinner plates, topped with the reserved salad.