Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sounds silly, but it was a creation I made up for my dad when I was little. Years later, he still requests it, so I guess my childhood creation can't be all that bad. Its great as an appetizer, or a snack.
- 1 bunch celery, washed
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 medium onion
- 1 bell peppers or 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 medium tomatoes
- any other vegetables, you desire that can be cut into small peices
- Cut celery stalks into halves, and set celery aside Cut all the veggies into small peices, and mix into softened cream cheese.
- Be sure to mix very gently so the veggies don't get smushed.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto celery peices.
- Garnish with paprika or any other type of seasoning.
This was a real cute snack! I also added some chopped carrot and a little cucumber. Really simple, quick, healthy and the kids loved it. Thanks for the idea. Your childhood ingenuity paid off!
I loved this! What a great name too! I added shredded carrots, cabbage confetti and diced pepperoncinis to it. I think I might try a sweet version by leaving out the peppers and adding dried currants or diced dried apricots. What a hoot! Thanks so much for sharing this simple snack idea.