Unlike so many Mexican style salads this one won't have any cheese congealing in your plate because there isn't any and you won't miss it! I make this dish for parties and company lunches all the time because it is served at room temperature and I can make it ahead of time and quickly layer it right before we eat. This is a delicious recipe which is constantly being passed along.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb dark ground turkey
- 0.667 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 2 -3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 small tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- tortilla chips (large for scooping salad)
- 1Cook ground beef in a covered skillet until no longer pink. Remove cover and add taco seasoning and brown sugar until cooked through (add a little oil if sticking too much). Let cool (can be made the day before and brought back to room temperature shortly before serving).
- 2Mix tomatoes and onions together. Set aside.
- 3Shortly before serving mash a ripe avocado with tablespoon of mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- 4Mix remaining mayonnaise with salsa. Set aside.
- 5Take a pretty platter and arrange the meat layer first.
- 6On top of that spread out tomato onion mixture.
- 7Next spread the guacamole (avocado) on top of the tomatoes.
- 8Finally, pour the salsa mixture over everything.
- 9Now arrange the tortilla chips around the edges of the platter.
- 10Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salad Olé
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.9
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.3 mg
- Sodium 400.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 15.8 g