Mia in Germany's Note:
Found this in a German organic food magazin called "Schrot und Korn". I haven't tried this yet, posting for safe-keeping. If you don't find white asparagus, you can use green only, of course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup rhubarb, diced
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 spring onion
- 2 oranges
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 chili, red
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, raspberry
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, whole
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 lb asparagus, white
- 1 lb asparagus, green
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash brown sugar
- 1For the dressing:.
- 2Combine diced rhubarb with 2 tablespoons of the honey, let stand.
- 3Finely slice spring onion.
- 4Grate peel of one orange, juice both oranges.
- 5Finely chop chili, ginger and garlic.
- 6Grind kosher salt, pepper and fennel seeds in a mortar.
- 7Combine orange juice, chili, ginger, garlic and half of the rhubarb, bring to a boil and let simmer until half of the liquid is evaporated and the rhubarb has broken down.
- 8Add remaining rhubarb, spring onion, orange peel, raspberry vinegar, canola oil and grated spices.
- 9Let stand on the warm stove, but don't boil!
- 10For the salad:.
- 11Peel white asparagus if using it.
- 12Cut white and green asparagus diagonally into 2 inch pieces.
- 13Bring 1/2 cup water with one dash salt and one dash brown sugar to a boil, add asparagus and boil for 5 minutes.
- 14Remove from liquid and let liquid boil until reduced to one half, then add to vinaigrette.
- 15Combine asparagus and vinaigrette and serve warm.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salad of Warm Asparagus With Rhubarb-Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.0
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 291.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: