A great combination of flavours and textures in a salad that not only tastes good, but looks so pretty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1 head romaine lettuce, rinsed and torn into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 bunch watercress, stems trimmed,rinsed
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 large red apple, cored
- 1/2 large granny smith apple, cored
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crumbled Stilton cheese, about (a good quality blue cheese may be substituted)
- 1Heat oven to 350F (175C).
- 2Toast walnuts for 10 minutes and cool to room temperature.
- 3Combine romaine and watercress in a large bowl.
- 4Whisk oil, vinegar and salt and pepper in a small bowl until blended.
- 5Slice each apple half into 12 thin wedges; brush lightly with lemon juice to prevent discolouration.
- 6When ready to serve: Toss salad greens with dressing to coat.
- 7Arrange greens on 4 salad plates, arrange 6 apple wedges, alternating red and green skins, around the rim of each plate.
- 8Sprinkle cheese evenly over salads; sprinkle walnuts evenly over cheese.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salad of Romaine, Apples, Walnuts and Stilton Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.6
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 396.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g