Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
An adaptation of a recipe by Brigitte Hafner.
Make and share this Salad of Lentils and Coriander recipe from Food.com.
- 6 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 spring onions
- 2 sour gherkins
- 1 1⁄2 cups green lentils
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Toast the pine nuts.
- Slice the spring onion finely.
- Rinse and chop the gherkins finely.
- Rinse lentils and cook in plenty of water until "al dente" (15-20 mins).
- Drain and allow to cool until lukewarm (this can be speeded up by rinsing them in cold water).
- Mix with the other ingredients and season to taste.
Yummy salad! We loved the addition of the sour gerkins. Based on the previous review, I cut down the oil to 2 tablespoons, which was plenty for us and upped the vinegar by a tablespoon. Yum! Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2008.
This was a fantastic salad that is simple to make but packs a lot of flavour. I did have to make some modifications. I used white onions instead of spring onions and just made sure they were chopped very fine. I also only used 3 tablespoons of olive oil and three tablespoons of white wine vinegar because it tasted awesome! I also cut out the salt and just used pepper. Thanks for posting a recipe that I will definitely use again, especially with warmer weather coming up! Made for PAC Spring 2008.