Recipe by Is This Really Necessary
An adaptation of a recipe by Brigitte Hafner.
Top Review by AmandaInOz
Yummy salad! We loved the addition of the sour gerkins. Based on the previous review, I cut down the oil to 2 tablespoons, which was plenty for us and upped the vinegar by a tablespoon. Yum! Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2008.
- 6 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 spring onions
- 2 sour gherkins
- 1 1⁄2 cups green lentils
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the pine nuts.
- Slice the spring onion finely.
- Rinse and chop the gherkins finely.
- Rinse lentils and cook in plenty of water until "al dente" (15-20 mins).
- Drain and allow to cool until lukewarm (this can be speeded up by rinsing them in cold water).
- Mix with the other ingredients and season to taste.