Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from James Peterson's book, "Vegetables". I served this with barbecued shrimp and carrot/parsnip latkes for a great 'fusion' meal!
- 2 lbs swiss chard or 2 lbs spinach or 2 lbs beet leaves, stems removed, steamed or 2 lbs boiled until tender 5-10 minutes and refreshed under cold running water
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce, plus
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Gently squeeze the cooked greens to get rid of most of their water. If the leaves are large, chop them 3 or 4 times to make them easier to eat.
- Mix the sesame oil, 1 T. of the soy sauce and the sesame seeds. Add to the squeezed spinach and toss. Taste and add the additional 1 teaspoons soy sauce to taste, if necessary.
- Chill before serving.