This is a great Salad! From Take Home Chef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 loaf crusty sourdough bread (14.5-ounce)
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 ounce sharp cheddar cheese or 1 dry monterey jack cheese, finely shredded
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 1/2 g roughly chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups fresh Baby Spinach, washed and stems removed
- 8 slices bacon
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halve
- 1To prepare the cheese croutons: Preheat the oven to 400°F/205°C Using a serrated bread knife, remove the crusts from the sourdough bread then tear or cut the bread into 1-inch/2.5-cm pieces.
- 2Place the bread pieces on a baking sheet. Toast the bread in the oven for 8 minutes or until it is dry and crisp, stirring the bread pieces halfway through baking to ensure they cook evenly.
- 3Melt the butter in a heavy based large sauté pan over a medium heat. Add the croutons and toss to coat with the butter. Arrange the butter-coated croutons closely together but in a single layer on the same baking sheet.
- 4Sprinkle the cheese generously over the croutons and return to the oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the croutons are golden. Remove the croutons from the oven and set aside until cool.
- 5To prepare the vinaigrette dressing: Place the vinegar in a medium sized bowl. Slowly add the oil whilst constantly whisking to blend. Whisk in the parsley. Season the vinaigrette to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6To prepare the crispy bacon and serve the salad:.
- 7Preheat a grill pan or griddle over moderate heat and grill the bacon about 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until nice and crisp. Transfer the bacon to paper towels.
- 8Meanwhile, toss the baby spinach leaves in a large bowl with enough vinaigrette to coat. Season the salad to taste with salt and pepper. Divide the salad among 4 serving plates. Place the bacon over the salads. Garnish the salads with the cherry tomatoes and croutons, and serve.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salad of Baby Spinach, Crispy Bacon and Cheese Croutons
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 804.4
- Calories from Fat 521
- Total Fat 57.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 68.7 mg
- Sodium 1138.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 17.7 g