Recipe by SueVM
A hearty salad that is almost a meal in itself. Serve for lunch or with a light supper. This recipe can easily be doubled.
Top Review by anniesnomsblog
This is the only salad I've ever eaten and wanted more of!! I'm not a huge salad person, but with the potatoes, tuna and eggs this is a proper, hearty meal. That dressing is absolutely fantastic as well; I wanted to drink it!!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 cup string bean, steamed until just tender
- 2 red potatoes, cooked and cut into quarters
- 1 tomatoes, cut into small wedges
- 1 hard-boiled egg, cut in 4 wedges
- 1 (7 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the olive oil, vinegar and minced garlic in a small bowl.
- In a serving dish, add half the dressing to the lettuce and combine to coat.
- Arrange the potatoes, green beans, tomato, egg and tuna on the lettuce.
- Drizzle with the rest of the dressing.