Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 12 ounces fresh green beans
- 4 cups packaged european-style torn mixed salad greens
- 2 (6 ounce) cans chunk tuna, drained and broken into chunks (water pack)
- 4 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 green onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 4 anchovy fillets, drained, rinsed, and patted dry (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup pitted ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1. Wash green beans; remove ends and strings. Leave beans whole or snap in half. In a covered medium saucepan cook green beans in a small amount of boiling lightly salted water about 5 minutes or just until tender. Drain and place in ice water until chilled; drain well. If desired, cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- 2. Line a large platter or 4 serving plates with salad greens. Arrange green beans, tuna, tomatoes, and eggs on the greens. Sprinkle with parsley and green onions. If desired, top with anchovy fillets. Top with olives. Drizzle Niçoise Dressing over all.
- Niçoise Dressing:.
- In a small bowl combine:.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar.
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard.
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Whisk together until combined.