Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adopted this as part of the Recipezaar orphaned recipes adoption fair :-) I will make it soon and add any adjustments I find necessary... any input from any of you will be greatly appreciated!!
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese, Shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups spinach leaves
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin, Ground
- 1 cup raw cauliflower, sliced
- 1⁄4 lb raw mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced
- 6 large eggs, hard-cooked
- In a 2-quart pan, bring water, butter and salt to a boil.
- When butter melts, remove pan from heat and add flour all at once.
- Beat / whisk until well blended.
- Return pan to medium heat and stir rapidly for 1 minute or until a ball forms in the middle of the pan and a film forms on the bottom of the pan.
- Remove pan from heat and beat in eggs, one at a time, until mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Add cheese and beat until well mixed.
- Spoon into a greased 9" round pan with removable bottom or spring-release sides.
- Spread evenly over bottom and up sides of pan.
- Bake crust in a 400º oven for 40 minutes or until puffed and brown -- turn off oven.
- With a wooden pick, prick crust in 10 to 12 places and leave in a closed oven for about 10 minutes to dry.
- Remove pan from oven and cool completely.
- Remove crust from pan.
- Prepare egg/vegetable salad.
- In a bowl, stir all ingredients except eggs together as listed.
- Coarsely chop the 6 hard-cooked eggs; gently fold into vegetable mixture.
- Line bottom and sides of boat with spinach leaves.
- Cut each tomato in half.
- Pile egg salad over spinach and garnish with cherry tomatoes.
- Cut boat in thick wedges.