Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delightful salad of mixed greens, oranges and strawberries topped off with a delicious vanilla vinaigrette. I got this recipe from McCormick's Cooking With Flavor cookbook.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) package salad greens or 1 (6 ounce) package Baby Spinach
- 2 seedless oranges, peeled and sectioned or 1 (6 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecan pieces
- Mix oil. vinegar, vanilla extract, salt, sugar and ground black pepper in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
- Toss greens with oranges, strawberries and pecans n large bowl (or divide among individual serving plates). Serve with vanilla vinaigrette.
On vacation had a salad with baby spinach, goat cheese and cranberries served with vanilla vinegarette that was really good so searched for the dressing recipe so I could make it at home. This came out very well. I tried another vv recipe before this one and this one is better.
What did it for me was the vanilla vinaigrette, it adds a wonderful twist to a pretty salad. The oranges and strawberries make this a nice healthy salad, can't wait to try this salad again when I can get fresh strawberries.
Very good! This has been on my to-do list so long it's ridiculous! So glad I finally made it. I topped the salad off with some shredded Swiss Cheese and some leftover chicken breast making it a main dish for a yummy lunch today! I used romaine because that's what I had on hand, but next time I would definitely make it with mixed greens (that included arugula). Thanks for posting this simple and tasty recipe! JB