Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
A delightful salad of mixed greens, oranges and strawberries topped off with a delicious vanilla vinaigrette. I got this recipe from McCormick's Cooking With Flavor cookbook.
Top Review by camohn
On vacation had a salad with baby spinach, goat cheese and cranberries served with vanilla vinegarette that was really good so searched for the dressing recipe so I could make it at home. This came out very well. I tried another vv recipe before this one and this one is better.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) package salad greens or 1 (6 ounce) package Baby Spinach
- 2 seedless oranges, peeled and sectioned or 1 (6 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecan pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix oil. vinegar, vanilla extract, salt, sugar and ground black pepper in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended.
- Toss greens with oranges, strawberries and pecans n large bowl (or divide among individual serving plates). Serve with vanilla vinaigrette.