Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I always have this mix on hand. It's very inexpensive and simple to put together. It's also quite versatile and can be used to season sauces, rice, pasta...whatever.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 4 tablespoons dry mustard
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Put salad dressing mix ingredients into a small jar with tight fitting lid.
- Shake to combine.
- This can be stored at room temperature for months.
- For the dressing, place 1/2 tsp salad dressing mix into another small jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Add both vinegars.
- Cover jar and shake well.
- Add olive oil.
- Cover and shake again.
Very good! I didn't have the dry mustard or salad dressing mix so I didn't add them, and it was still delicious!
Enjoyed the recipe. I assumed the 1/2 cup of salt was suppose to be 1/2 Tbsp (or tsp?) so I adjusted accordingly. Now that I've started making salad dressing from sratch, I have a hard time going back to the store bought/bottled versions. Thanks for sharing.
Half a cup of salt seemed like waaaaay too much, so I only used 1 tbsp, which worked well. I also added a clove of fresh garlic when I mixed it up. Generally, though, I do like being able to mix up just a little bit of dressing at a time, so easily. Nice little recipe.