Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe from allrecipes.com. These are pretty dense and not as cakey as the name implies but still really good! Also the recipe calls for cocoa powder but it is optional. I don't use it just because I prefer vanilla to chocolate cupcakes but it is entirely your preference! Also...I am not a frosting person (I always use to scrape it off as a kid...haha) so I don't frost mine but definitely you can! Enjoy! I also made mine gluten free and I used Rob's Red Mill's All Purpose Gluten Free Flour.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (I use Rob's Red Mill's All Purpose GF Baking Flour)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or use muffin liners.
- Sift flour, baking soda and cocoa powder (if using); set aside.
- Whip mayonnaise, sugar, water and vanilla until thoroughly mixed. Add flour mixture slowly and beat at medium speed with electric mixture for 2 minutes.
- Fill muffin try and bake 15 to 25 minutes (depends on your oven) or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.