Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Great tasting and moist cake that uses Salad Dressing instead of eggs. Old family recipe!
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup salad dressing
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups flour
- Dissolve 2 level teaspoons Baking soda into 1 cup Salad Dressing. (mix well).
- Cream in the following ingredients: 1 cup sugar, 4 tbs. Cocoa, ¼ teaspoons Salt, ½ teaspoons Vanilla.
- Add 1 cup Water.
- Add in 2 cups flour (not level). THIS BATTER WILL BE THIN.
- Mix batter well and pour into a greased pan, bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes until done. Cake will be done when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes our clean.
- Cool completely and frost!
It's nice to rediscover this cake. My Mom made it when I was a kid. Thanks Mkjrdallas!