Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe that I want to try from my new "Cook'n" program for my pc, which states that this is from Melanie Romeril, and she states: "This pleasant dinner salad goes well with everything. Paired with crusty rolls, it makes a nice light summer supper."
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup grated hard swiss cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups slivered toasted almonds
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup crouton
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Lightly toast almonds. Toss lettuce, tomatoes, Swiss cheese, almonds, Parmesan cheese, croutons, and bacon together and set aside. Prepare dressing by blending lemon juice, salt, oil, garlic, and pepper together at high speed in a blender or food processor. Pour over salad, toss, and serve immediately.
- TIP: Bacon can quickly and easily be cooked in a microwave by laying pieces atop a paper towel on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with another paper towel and cook on high for 2 or 3 minutes, depending on how much bacon you are cooking. Cook until it reaches preferred doneness,.
- checking frequently. Also you can toast your almonds in a 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes.
This is heaven in a salad bowl! This salad has boundless flavors and crunch as well as being so filling. I cut the recipe in half and doubled the romaine lettuce, also cut my cherry tomatoes in half as they were kind of big and used homemade croutons (a bit smaller than those big store bought ones that cut your mouth up). I served with some kamlamata olive French bread and wine making a meal fit for a king or queen (wink). I think if making for gest will bring to table in either clear bowl or large flat bowl undressed and dress at the table as it was quite pretty before the dressing was added. Thanks for the 10 star post.
I halved the recipe using some spring greens too, halved the tomatoes, didn't have Swiss cheese so used more Parmesan, and used veggie bacon. I did add a pinch of sugar to the dressing, I just like it that way. Thanks for a delicious salad, which I actually had for breakfast!