- 1 -2 tablespoon excellent wine vinegar or 1 -2 tablespoon a combination of vinegar and lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 -8 tablespoons best-quality olive oil or 6 -8 tablespoons salad oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots or 1 tablespoon scallions, and or dried herbs such as tarragon or basil
- 440 g kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- raw zucchini, sliced
- raw mushrooms, sliced
- mixed salad green
- hard-boiled egg
- chunks tuna or other fish
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- place all ingredients in a covered jar, shake vigorously to blend, and correct seasoning.
- Marinate kidney beans, zucchini, and mushrooms in vinaigrette for 20 to 30 minutes.
- At serving time, toss mixed salad greens in a bowl with vinaigrette and arrange around the edges of a large serving dish. Mound the beans in the center, and decorate base with groups of marinated mushrooms and zucchini interspersed with hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, olives, anchovies, chunks of tuna or other fish.
- Pour a bit more vinaigrette over all, sprinkle with chopped parsley or other herbs.