Wendys Kitchen's Note:
Julia Child recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 tablespoon excellent wine vinegar or 1 -2 tablespoon a combination of vinegar and lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 -8 tablespoons best-quality olive oil or 6 -8 tablespoons salad oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots or 1 tablespoon scallions, and or dried herbs such as tarragon or basil
- 2place all ingredients in a covered jar, shake vigorously to blend, and correct seasoning.
- 3Marinate kidney beans, zucchini, and mushrooms in vinaigrette for 20 to 30 minutes.
- 4At serving time, toss mixed salad greens in a bowl with vinaigrette and arrange around the edges of a large serving dish. Mound the beans in the center, and decorate base with groups of marinated mushrooms and zucchini interspersed with hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, olives, anchovies, chunks of tuna or other fish.
- 5Pour a bit more vinaigrette over all, sprinkle with chopped parsley or other herbs.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salad Composee
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.4
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 402.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 5.8 g