Recipe by Kireiina
Follow my directions step by step:
Top Review by sheepdoc
There was a lot of veggie shredding and chopping and I had some problems with ingredients. I ended up with bok choy for asian cabbage (I think - it looked like giant celery with spinach leaves) and couldn't find bean sprouts after going to 4 stores. People aren't much for other culture's foods around here. I used Costco bulk rotisserie chicken instead of cooking it myself. The flavor was fabulous! Made for PAC 2014.Note: I made both of this chef's salads - read the directions to #470813 first before you make this, even if you aren't making the other salad. It would have made this one much easier to make if I'd read those directions first!
- 10 chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, chopped roasted
- 2 yellow onions, fried not too browned
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 inch fresh ginger
- 1 green onion
- 2 limes, squeezed
- 1 Thai red chili pepper (optional)
- 1 cup seedless cucumber, also thinly sliced in lengthwise (use 1/2- 1 in option)
- 1 carrot, larger, grated (or thinly sliced in lengthwise)
- 1 daikon radish (or any tubers, spice which have unami taste ( the 5 th taste)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 cups cabbage (Asia cabbage)
- 3 pieces bell peppers (mix colors)
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 fresh lime leaves, fine julienne
- 1 large tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preparing the chicken: Pour 2 litres of water into a pot and boil then add chicken, 2 tablespoons salt, 1/2 inch ginger, white onion, daikon, cook until the chickens are well done.
- Remove the whole chickens from the pot and then sliced into thin 5 cm lengths.
- Sauce: In a bowl, combine Chili paste, sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, finely minced galic, hot water. Mix well, and then test if the salinity, light, sour, sweet, taste characteristics are stable and moderate.
- Salad: In a large bowl, combine: Peanut oil, Fried onions, red onion, lime juice, seedless cucumber, carrot, daikon, cabbage, bell peppers and then mix well.
- Serving: Pour the sauce slowly into the mixed vegetable bow, not all the sauce to check the salinity, light, sour, sweet, taste characteristics again and make sure the tastes are well more chilli (optional). Sprinkle the herbs around the disk, and mix again.
- Topping: Add some herbs branching surface with crushed peanuts.
- Pruning a tomato to form a rose, put on the middle of the salad ( custom).