Recipe by TOOLBELT DIVA
A lovely little course, carefully prepared and served following Roast Rack of Venison. Recipe extracted from Winter, 1988, Epicure supplement of Toronto Life Magazine.
Top Review by jennifer in new jersey
the chef's bio is five stars; this recipe is five stars. simple, delicious and healthy meal that my 4 yr old daughter and i enjoyed very much. thank you for the recipe contribution and the uplifting information on your page as well.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh beet
- 1 bunch curly endive lettuce, washed
- 1⁄2 cup 35% cream
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- black pepper, freshly ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover beets in enough water to boil.
- Cook until easily pierced with a knife.
- Strain cooking liquid through a cloth.
- Return it to a pan and cook over high heat, reducing to 2 Tbsp liquid.
- Peel beets under cold running water; slice.
- Arrange endive on plates.
- Add beets, cream and balsamic vinegar to reduced cooking liquid.
- Bring to a boil and season to taste.
- Place on endive, add a little liquid, and serve.