Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe from Sara Moulton’s latest cookbook Sara’s Secrets for Weeknight Meals.
Make and share this Salad Bar Gazpacho recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (11 1/2 ounce) cans vegetable juice cocktail, chilled
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped cucumbers (from the salad bar)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped green peppers (from the salad bar)
- 1⁄4 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette (or all-purpose vinaigrette made with balsamic vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb cooked shrimp, halved and tails removed or 3⁄4 lb cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes (from the salad bar) or 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes (from the salad bar)
- 1 cup garlic-flavored croutons (from the salad bar)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onions (from the salad bar) or 1⁄4 cup scallion (from the salad bar)
- Combine the tomato-vegetable juice with ½ cup each of the cucumber and green pepper, the vinaigrette, sherry vinegar, and garlic in a food processor or blender.
- Blend until the vegetables are pureed. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the gazpacho among 4 chilled soup plates and top with the remaining chopped cucumber and pepper, tomatoes, shrimp, croutons, and onion.